Distinguished Graduate Infomation
The Prairie Ridge High School Distinguished Graduate program is designed to recognize students who have accomplished a well-rounded high school experience. Distinguished Graduates must meet or exceed specific criteria benchmarks including community service, extra-curricular involvement, citizenship, school attendance, and various academic standards.
Students who successfully complete all Distinguished Graduate criteria will be recognized at their graduation ceremony with an award cord and a notation will be made on their high school diploma.
The specific criteria are as follows:
- Extracurricular Involvement: Three different PR sponsored athletics or activities for a minimum of eight seasons total.
- Good Citizenship: No out-of-school suspensions and no second disciplinary "steps" throughout high school.
- Volunteerism: Complete at least 20 hours of community service throughout high school. Click here to download Volunteer Hour Log.
- GPA: Minimum GPA of 2.75 upon graduation
- Attendance: 96% attendance rate throughout high school
- Academic Rigor: Completion of at least 2 capstone courses, or 2 AP courses, or a combination of one AP and one capstone course.
- Credit Completion: Complete a minimum of 22.5 credits prior to graduation
|AP® Studio (2D, 3D or Drawing)
Senior Design and Production
Seminar in Child Care
Seminar in Fashion
Advanced Mechanical Design
Engineering Design and Development
|Music||AP® Music Theory
Music Theory (Class of 2019-2021)
|World Language||AP® French
Spanish IV-Dual Credit